Tuesday, December 21, 2010

personalized tote bag


I'm  really bummed that my camera is still lost because I wanted to do my first tutorial on this cute tote bag. I'm assuming I accidentally packed it thinking I wouldn't need it and hopefully will find it after we move.

I'm happy I decided to make these because it forced me to figure out how to use my Cricut Design Studio. I bought it months ago and was so confused that I haven't touched it since. I also wanted a gypsy but because DS seemed so complicated I didn't want to waste more money on a product I wouldn't use. Does anyone know if the gypsy is more user friendly? I love the fact that you don't have to switch out cartridges when using it. I still need to play around with DS some more (or find a tutorial) today I just used it to see how big I should cut my letters.

The tote bag I used is 13.5 inches long and I cut my letters using Plantin school books size 2.5. This was my first time using a black tote bag and I later found out it will make the fabric that I use darker after it is ironed on. Oh well I still think it turned out cute.

I'm entering the challenge at cooking with cricut because I thought a tote bag would make a great stocking stuffer! This week’s challenge was all about Stockings and Stuffers. Anything with a stocking or anything that you can put in a stocking.
products used: Cricut, Design Studio, heat n bond, Plantin school books.

2 comments:

  1. Mackenzie is a lucky gal! What a cute tote and a great stocking stuffer idea, Cyn! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Cooking With Cricut. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I love it. I don't own DS but I do have a Gypsy and I find it pretty easy to use once you understand it. I love being able to weld letters together and to make shape cards of any kind using the weld feature:) It is pretty fun:) Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut:) Merry Christmas.
    ~Madison CWCDT www.funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete